There are so many different ways to turn off your Windows XP
computer, let’s look at some of them:
1. The standard approach – click the Start Button with your mouse,
then select the Turn Off menu and finally click the Turn Off icon on
the Turn Off computer dialog. blink.gif
2. Press Ctrl+Esc key or the Win key and press u two times – the
3. Get the Shutdown utility from Download.com – it add the shut
down shortcuts for you. Else create them yourself using approach 4.
4. Create a shutdown shortcut on your desktop. Right click on the
desktop, choose New Shortcut and type shutdown -s -t 00 in the area
where you are asked to specify the location of the program file. Now
you can just double click this icon to turn off the computer. The best
location would be your quick launch bar.
5. Press the Win key + R key to open the run window. Type
shutdown -s -t 00. [s means shutdown while t means the duration after which you want to initiate the shutdown process].
If some open processes or application won’t let you turn off, append
a -f switch to force a shut down by closing all active processes.
6. Win+M to minimize all windows and then Alt+F4 to bring the Turn
Off computer dialog.
7. Open Windows Task manager (by right clicking the Windows Task
bar or Alt+Ctrl+Del) and choose Shut down from the menu. Useful
when the Windows are not responding.
8. open task manager—>click on shutdown—>hold the ctrl key and
click on Turn off::::::: pc will be turned off in 3 secs.. fastest method
other than hard shutdown